Sunday, March 2, 2014

Unproductive

Have you ever had one of those days where you have a long list of items to get done, but just don't feeling like doing a thing?  

Today was one of those days.  

I woke up knowing I needed to clean the house, pay bills, create a document for our homeowners association, cook three meals, prepare meals for the week, do laundry, make school lunches, plan for the week, create a binder for my new student teacher, and so much more. 

Well, what I actually got done was cleaning the house, prepared two meals, planned for the week, took a two hour nap, played with the boys, read my book, did some laundry, cleaned three hours of TV off the DVR, read to the boys, shopped online, and relaxed. 

The only things on my to do list that got completed were because my amazing husband and helpful little Q. 

Here's hoping this week will be more productive. 

8 comments:

  1. That still seems pretty productive to me evem if ot was personally productive! At least you found time to write another slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy of the best made plans.....My list ran off the paper...I had such high hopes, grocery store, washing, cleaning...There's always tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am highly impressed at how productive you were today! Preparing meals in advance is always something I have wanted to do, but have never done. Maybe this week will be the week I start preparing in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how much we pile on our own plates? Yet, we never seem to give ourselves enough credit for how much we are able to accomplish, because it's never all that we intended. I wrote my post today about procrastination, and it looked a lot like this. However, it seems to me that you not only got some much needed things moved off your to-do list, but you also were able to spend some time enjoying your weekend as well. I would say that would qualify as a very productive weekend. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really??? You think you were unproductive? I wish you would come to my house to do all of the you got done today. I would take it! Here is to productivity. And unproductivity on the days we just need to play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty long list of things that you got done! My unproductive days are all about reading. I get nothing done when I procrastinate. I would say you did quite a bit and it's great that you got to relax a bit today. I am sure you will get everything done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can definitely relate to feeling unproductive! It will be a busy full week, I am pretty sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am giggling right now because you were super productive for a day at our house...but you probably could have guessed that :)

    ReplyDelete